Below are our current career positions that we are hiring for. Please head over the to Contact Us page to send us your resume of give us a call.
R.E.L. Controls Inc. is currently seeking a skilled Controls Technician in the Ottawa, Ontario area. The experienced candidate will be responsible for the servicing, commissioning and troubleshooting of environmental control systems and providing product support to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform service, start-ups, repairs, and trouble-shoot building environment control systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance service as part of service agreements, periodic inspections, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customer.
- Keep current on all products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service and repair.
- Provide technical support and basic training to customers.
- Available for occasional after hours and weekend shifts for after hours service.
- Travel to customer job site is required. Travel within National Capital area and Eastern Ontario Area.
- Work hours will vary.
- Attend emergency calls on weekend and/or evening.
- Ideally technologists’ Diploma in Electronics, Process Controls, Building Automation or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with building automation systems and HVAC.
- Experience in Reliable Controls or other pneumatic & electronic Automatic Temperature Control system.
- Familiarity with basic programming requirements for DDC systems.
- Able to interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, project plans or other technical documents.
- Good working knowledge of the operation, installation and servicing of peripheral devices.
- Trouble-shooting and problem solving skills, able to diagnose problems and implement cost-effective solutions.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellent in customer service.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Own a vehicle and have a driving license.
- Good communication skills